2009年4月23日木曜日

I WISH TO BE A SAILOR

When I read this story at the first time I thought Robinson as similar to me.. :-)

I can understand his feelings;
I did not wish to stay in York all my life. I wanted to see the world. I would be a sailor and nothing else.
But I would not listen to her. My mind was made up, and a sailor I would be. When I was eighteen years old, I left my pleasant homeand went to sea.

So did I.. but now I feel I understood my parents's feelings as well. Parents had a lot of experience and they much worry about their children because they do love them. However it's hard for young people to get it.
I think he can also understand what they wanted to say and he can find the good points of his sweet home town while he find the new world at the sea..


beneath:~の下に beneath a blue sky that goes on forever
pleasanter: 気持ちよく in a pleasanter way
bear:~を身につける、義務を負う、責任を持つ、~に耐える I could not bear the thought of working every day.

1 件のコメント: